Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sweet Victory!







The elation and euphoria we felt last night is still, more quietly, buoying me along today. It’s just such a wonderful feeling-- like we have seen the end of a terribly long period of a multi-layered mental slavery. I’m just so relieved and appreciative that our hard work has paid off at last…a great battle has been won and with that I feel some exhaustion. Our City Council held but our county and district remains with the old republican guard. The failure of Proposition 8 to preserve the right of same sex partners to marry is a sad reminder of intolerance and the fact that oppression still has its proponents.
To All who worked or voted for Obama I send my Love and Hope for a more rational and humane future. I embrace the fullness of your heart from the fullness of my own.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home