Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, October 24, 2009

World Climate Change Day







It's my brother's birthday, United Nations Day and World Climate Change Day. In the last week I drove the little veggie voyager to do my Cancer Detection Program work with health care providers in Sonoma and Marin
and got over 100 miles per gallon but then couldn't really help much with the Peace and Justice Center Annual Dinner except that I just loved the speakers and the recipients of the Peace Awards. The peace and environmental work is so critical and it's so moving to be part of the eager element yearning and working for justice, for reverence, for the delicious natural food and banquet of life lived walking the walk... Ah, you know I get a bit excited.. Anyway, I learned the new "board" shown here with Tim in the new KZFR studio. I went to the Make a Difference Day event in Bidwell Park and didn't really make a difference but can share photos of who is making a difference.
I mainly went to Farmer's Market and crawled around again for the second straight weekend picking up walnuts, which I think of as pretty much a perfect food. In one week the prickly tawny mat of weeds has sprouted a thin hopeful sweet green flush of grasses after the second rain of the season. The cover crop and winter garden are looking tentative but good. I'm satisfied and grateful for both the harvest and my responsibilities.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home