Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

shifting

We completed our summer Complete Self Attunement meditation retreat yesterday. As always it brought me many hours of inner exploration from subtle energetic states that are very nourishing. Our group was small this year and we had perfect rainy weather.
Poor poppy didn't look so happy though.





My friend Katy who hosted us had the most interesting way to plant... directly into sacks of organic fertilizer...

and despite the cool weather this bee chose my time of gawking over this (?) gaudy agapantha flower to nose dive deep into its center.












Meanwhile, over in Hamilton City, where I roam around at lunch time, the nopales in people's yards are flowering and paddling their big flat leaves to the sun. In Hamilton they aren't just decorative. People scrape off the spines, boil them and enjoy them in many recipes.

Michael is still skiing down on the east side of the Sierra in the Veggie Voyager. A fat slow moving raccoon has taken up in his work and truck park area. I'm enjoying our cautious truce but don't think it will be able to maintain there once Sasha returns.


My main critter problem remains the voles. The earth vibrator thingies don't work... my lettuce went prematurely rootless and one of my kiwi starts got the root chop too. It promises to be a garden with a tinge of struggle this year. I wish yours better.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home