Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Saving the world balanced by cruising the river

 Well these will be random photos.. I was happy to get a little back into sharing food with Food Not Bombs. They are defying a city order not to serve food in the plaza and are willing to go to jail over it. I'm proud to know them and be a supporter.
 When the moon was full I took this arty photo of the moon through my lettuce which is going to seed.. I need to collect that seed!
 We have had a series of vigils for GAZA and for peace. I was able to interview a wonderful young woman with Jewish Voice for Peace on KZFR. Everyday my heart aches for people suffering there and I wrack my brain for things that might help end the violence.
 In between we  have gotten out to the river a couple of times, once with the electric trolling motor and once just with our paddles and that's been relaxing and life affirming to both of us.
 Meanwhile Frack-Free Butte County has been taking on the Oil and Gas Industry attorneys who are trying to get our Fracking Ban disqualified from the November ballot. It has been wonderful working with this group and tonight I am quite nervous as tomorrow the judge will decide the case. Either way we won't be stopped.
 We had Sheldon's birthday, Keith came for a visit and Orien was a great help to Frack Free Butte County. We are all very grinny here... just glad to be alive I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home