Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, November 17, 2014

Seven Weeks Later

 If you read the last blog post you know that my dear Veggie Voyager life-partner, spouse and best friend died Sept. 27th. Long story very much shortened-- I observed 49 days of Tibetan inspired time in my own version of "the bardo of becoming" and then invited friends to gather over a waffle breakfast on Day 50. We fit 30 of us in our little house and it turned out to be a precious time. I showed an almost endless number of photos of Michael and also these two videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU2fpA2258M Michael speaking at City Council.
 We also watched the Around the US on Straight Vegetable Oil DVD made by our friend Mathilde Rand in May 2008 for Santa Cruz Public TV. I want people who have read this blog to have access to that and she has agreed and will post it to You Tube and then I can share it and end the Veggie Voyagers properly.
 But what happened yesterday is that after we had eaten and watched Michael in all his wonderful Aliveness we went out to "the back" with some of his ashes to put them around a little ponderosa pine he had tended over the last few years.
 It was another sad and inarticulate time for me but I felt good we were together and nothing really was required other than to complete this one loving thing and be together with other loving creatures who understood.
 Afterwards we all walked back and said our goodbyes and today was another new and beautiful day tinged with sadness but also with possibility. I honor and Thank everyone who has read and cared about this blog and Michael and I through our adventures.
As I have said before I will say again throughout my remaining life-- I love you Michael. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home